Best Place for GPOs? or Wolf Eels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also think Sund Rock is a great option for wolfies when the tides are large. You won't get much for current there, and there's always wolfies on both the south wall and north wall. Better chance for octos on the north wall ... last time I was there we found a huge one out in the open.

Vis may not be so great ... but should be adequate for photos ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I know nothing is guaranteed but looking for the best shore dive spots for either of these critters? Sticking to Tacoma, Seattle, San Juan area, no time to go to Canada. The more specifics the better, best time, location, etc...

Thanks

Three Tree Point in Burien has a resident couple. Unfortunately they are not usually swimming about but hunkered down in their burrow. Hard to find unless you have the depth marked and check the tide charts. The site is great for other critters as well if you know how to dive it. Two boats - one on a trailer. I've seen six gill, skate, rat fish and the usual octopi. Very good at night too and the site is not that sensitive to current.

FWIW - the "boat on a trailer" at Three Tree Point now sits about 20 feet downslope of the trailer. It slid off several months back ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom