Best Phuket Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do any of you Thailand experts have any feedback on the MV Colona VI vessel??

cheers,

jennifer

Colonna is a nice high mid level boat. I've known the crew for years and the boat is very decent with EAN. Good crew and nice boat for the price.

scubashooter:
Colonna is a nice high mid level boat. I've known the crew for years and the boat is very decent with EAN. Good crew and nice boat for the price.

Have you been on it? I was wondering about the accomodations for a week... it seems like they do not have much lounging space for between dives... and cold showers only :11: ??

Any other information from someone who has been on the boat would be most appreciated...

Thanks,

Jennifer

The showers are warm. Inside is not that big, but the upper deck is very nice with lots of space. This is IMO an example of a nice 'divers boat', with normally an excellent atmosphere and good divers on the boat, who also come to the boat for diving.
I have made lots of bookings on the Colona this season, with very happy guests. I think at the moment in its pricerange best value for money.

sapphire:
do any of you Thailand experts have any feedback on the MV Colona VI vessel??

cheers,

jennifer

I do not want to make a free publicity to the Colona VI or Steven but I just have to say that I dove with Colona VI two weeks ago just for a WE and I did everything through Steven (www.thailand-scuba.com). I had a quick and good service. Only one phone call and all via e-mail.

The boat is simple no extra luxury but good enough, clean, warm water (even if you actually do not need as outside temperature is always hot and a fresh shower is welcome), two beds per rooms (one over the other, no idea how you say this in English) with private toilet and shower, big upper deck where you have your breakfast, lunch and dinner, have talk with all the other divers. At the evening Mark (the guy responsible of the boat) might put a DVD and if you are not already dead tired after 3/4 dives you can watch a movie. The you have a top deck where you can take sunbath. Too hot there for me. If you want to meet people from everywhere this is the boat. There was people from Check republic, Portugal, USA, Australia, Italy and Russia. Really great. e boat, By the way also the food is good (the pasta they did once was "al dente" like Italians loves.

I am sure there might be some others good boats but I do not know them.

Where ever you will go you will enjoy it.

TDS:
My personal favorite is Philkade. Regarding Colona VI, you may talk to Christina colonadt@loxinfo.co.th, she runs customer services for Colona. She is not biased at all :wink:

Hmm. Philkade is yet to prove itself, being so new on the market. Colona VI has been running for several seasons and I have not heard anything but good reports. Another which I really like, and has great crew, like Colona VI, is the Queen Scuba, which runs out of Khao Lak.

Sapphire,
I have been on it several times (thought that would be obvious since I doubt people who haven't been on it would comment on the boat). The boat is nothing fancy like the others say. It's just a decent boat with good fun crew and the captain is very good. I only go when the boat isn't full so I've never felt cramped. The bunk bed cabins are clean and normal mid level liveaboard size. The food is good and plentiful ( and that is very important to me). I don't know what sort of experience you have with liveaboards, so I don't know your expectations. Where did you get the idea that the water supply is cold only? The only major criticism I have is the main deck when it rains, the rain covers are not really adequate for very heavy rain. But that hardly happens. Only twice in my 15 years of diving there.
For an ensuite bathroom liveaboard with EAN doing Similans and Richelieu, the Colona is probably the top 4 choice for anyone who's been on it. Definite value for money. Mark and Raol are fun guys to dive with. If you're looking for an agggressor type level of boat, the Colonna is different in size, decor and amenities. But if you want a good dive boat with good crew and good value. I can't think of a better boat than the Colona. And I've been diving in Phuket since 89 and been on 10 different liveaboards. I hope this helps in your decision making. Have a great xmas.

Correct Scubashooter. Unfortunately, Raoul is not on the boat anymore after an accident on a visarun, that will prevent him from diving for probably a long period of time. Hopefully he will be able to strengthen himself and come back again.
There are talks going on on the second guide at the moment, but who ever it is going to be, it id going to be good.

Am going on the boat myself on the trip of December 31st, and really looking forward to it.

stevenl:
Correct Scubashooter. Unfortunately, Raoul is not on the boat anymore after an accident on a visarun, that will prevent him from diving for probably a long period of time. Hopefully he will be able to strengthen himself and come back again.
There are talks going on on the second guide at the moment, but who ever it is going to be, it id going to be good.
QUOTE]

Christina said that Florian will probably be on the boat with Mark. I met him a couple of times and he's a nice guy too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom