Best overall BC made Period

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrstein

Reaction score
I currently have a scubapro bc its not bad.

However I have outgrown it to say the least.I was looking at purchasing a Black diamond It overall seems like a very nice BC.

But for 650.00 bucks It better be.

Any inputt on this matter as to go with this Bc I have heard nothing but great things about this unit ?????

Tks
Mrstein

The standard questions:
What kind of diving do you do now?
What kind of diving do you want to do?
What other kind of gear do you own?

Personally, I prefer to dive with a harness and wings, however I have dove with the black diamond system and was not impressed by it...definately not worth 650.00. I'm not trying to knock it, it's a great B.C. and very well made. It's just not my style.

OE2X brought up a good point - - - ask yourself those questions and check around before you make a fianal decision on it.

You may also want to ask around and see about demo-ing one before you make that kind of investment

Transpac or transplate type (any brand) may be a good compomise...

I dive usually Warm water

overseas mostly Thailand phillippines and Etc However I do dive cold water also from time to time ......Really enjoy Drift diving the most.

I just want a BC that is very Easy to take on and off and has a good weight entergrated system in it. It seems that the Black diamond Can hold up tp 50 lbs.

The scubapro I have is a pain in the butt to take on and off To many straps and such.

I just want something that is fast and easy and Will Hold up and Give me a good lumbar support.

Ps I do find the 600.00 pricing Actually a Mistake on my part The dive shop says it will sell it to me for 550.00......I still think that is a bit High for this BC ??????

I hope this Helps ........

Mrstein

Dont listen to these people who cram the harness and backplate thing down your throat... :crafty:

The only suggestion that anyone SHOULD make is, when you decide what you want to do, look at the BCs that are for that type of diving and find one that you think is comfortable and one that fits you really well.... There are sooooooooo many brands and models that are all pretty close to one another, but you need to find one that has all the features you need....

Here are some questions you should ask yourself....

1. What kind of diving do you plan to do in the future? (Rec., Tech, Instructor?)

2. What features are important to you? (D rings, pockets, weight integrated)

3. Do you plan to dive double tanks?

4. Do you prefer Vest or Back inflate style?

ONce you can answer these, you will be able to narrow down the models that fit you.. then go try them on at your LDS and that should help.... Sorry if thats too much all at once... hah

I will also add that I have a SeaQuest Balance (almost the same as the Black Diamond), and the SeaQuest BC's are very comfortable... the Weight integration is very easy to use, and the features are good... But dont take my word for it... go try it on!

I am looking very hard at a ZEAGLE RANGER LTD BC

Its a bit Pricey But it seems that its a Great BC ........

Always Tough to make the Right decsions in Scuba.

Mrstein

Back
Top Bottom