Best Noise Reduction Software...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a number of pics where I was forced to use a high ISO due to low light available. I'd like to hear from some of the photoshop experts on which plug ins/ stand alone noise reduction software they would recommend. Something like "Noise Ninja" maybe?

thanks

alcina:
Noise Ninja consistently gets the thumbs up on the "serious" photo forums. I don't have it myself so can't comment directly.

If you shot RAW ACR also has some options that might help...

aaah, forgot all about that tab in the adobe raw converter! Does help on the noise side... But I also just downloaded the trial version of Noise Ninja. Wow! Once I setup the correct profile for the Canon 350D, Noise Ninja is pretty amazing. Seems to keep more of the details vs just using ACR adjustments. too bad the trial version puts an annoying grid over the pic...

pak - yeah ACR is limited. Don't forget about the luminance tab, too.

But a plug in, or even the various filters in PS itself, will likely be the way to go...

I think I have a noise filter that might have been a freebie - Helicon NoiseFilter. Might want to have a look at that (try google).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom