Best Military Dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THe Navy sends me to San Diego, Oahu (Pearl), and Kauai (PMRF) a few times a year. Diving is great in all locations, and SD and Pearl are large bases, so space A and lodging are available. I mix it up between shore and boat dives, with shore preferred since I can dive my own schedule.

Oahu: Boat - Ocean concepts and Aaron's dive shop run good trips out of Waianae.
Shore: electric beach is very accessable

Kauai: Boat-Seasport Divers
Shore: Koloa Landing

San Diego: Boat: - Waterhorse Charters does good 3 tank trips to Wreck alley
Shore: La Jolla cove and shores are great

Any of you Navy SEALs out there? You can dive in your forbears footsteps/wake by diving Okinawa, Japan where frogmen had to clear mine fields for the US Army and the US Marines to come a shore 1 Apr 1945 (WWII).

I might have found the last Japanese Sea Mine off of Toguchi Beach (Devils Cove)/Yomitan/Okinawa/Okinawa Prefecture/Japan. It was blown on the 5th of Feb 09. Check out the You Tube video of the Mine being blown

WWII UDT.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-treasures/87336-things-youve-found-under-water-18.html

Last edited:
Sam's Tours in Palau offers 10% Mil Discount. Wife and I just got back from spending 2 weeks there. Great time.

Wow, this is a great thread with lots of awesome information.

I am a new diver in Okinawa (Sunabe). Thanks for the info.

John Henry

Welcome to Scuba Board and to Okinawa. Of course Okinawa prefecture is over 140 islands, and strech from Taiwan to mainland Japan. I have taken the liberty to plot most of the dive sites for Okinawa using google earth. You can find all these dive site at : HotDive - information and social community scuba diving portal, diving, dive spots, dive sites
www.Hotdive.com also has all of the decompression chambers on Okinawa, and all of the English speaking dive shops on Island. We have an AMC terminal with Space A flights arriving daily from Guam, Hawaii, Yokota, Japan, and the USA.

PS over the 4th of the July weekend I will be out on the Dive Boats from Kadena Marina USAF MWR.

I hope to see you out there.

Heading to Guam 12-19 Dec, and I want to do some wreck diving, anyone have any recommendations for an old military diver.

Heading to Guam 12-19 Dec, and I want to do some wreck diving, anyone have any recommendations for an old military diver.

Check out Guam & Micronesia Pacific Scuba Diving. their boat schedules come up about a month ahead of time so start looking towards the end of the month.

Just to inform you, I am a MDA instructor so I know more about their operation and a little biased. The other company is Guam Tropical Dive Station. There are 5 reguarly dove wrecks. When you're looking at the schedule look for "Wreck diver's special" dive. That will take you onto the tokai maru and ss corromoran. The other wrecks are the american tanker, Kitzigawa Maru, and japanese sea plane. If you have a mil id (which i assume you do) you can see the japanese sea plane. Dives for MDA are about 35-45 a dive depending on if you're a "5 star" member or not. Shoot me a pm or email if you got questions.

The best dive spot in Okinawa is the USS Emmons. It is a sunk WWII destroyer just off of Motobu. The only way I found to get to it was by a man named Chuck Decessari (probably spelled wrong). It is the most amazing dive I've ever done.

The best dive spot in Okinawa is the USS Emmons. It is a sunk WWII destroyer just off of Motobu. The only way I found to get to it was by a man named Chuck Decessari (probably spelled wrong). It is the most amazing dive I've ever done.

Ghost8404, Welcome to scuba board and Okinawa. Yes Chuck runs a tight operation, called North of Nago Tours. If you need his web site, e-mail, ect. I have posted it on HotDive - mi?dzynarodowy portal nurkowy, centra nurkowe, mapa miejsc nurkowych. Chuck is now retired so he is now teaching tech diving classes. I also have photo's on HotDive - mi?dzynarodowy portal nurkowy, centra nurkowe, mapa miejsc nurkowych when we flew the pennant off the boat for the first time in 68 years and laid a plaque mid ship to honor all those who perished when the USS Emmons sunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom