Best Margaritas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried an El Moro margarita tonight and it was REALLY good. I’d still say Welcome to Miami had a more unique Margarita but El Moro’s traditional Margarita is right up there. I might have to go for a tie breaker round!

I tried an El Moro margarita tonight and it was REALLY good. I’d still say Welcome to Miami had a more unique Margarita but El Moro’s traditional Margarita is right up there. I might have to go for a tie breaker round!

This is great stuff! I love tie breakers!

Are you all referring to the Welcome to Miami on the East side? Do you just grab a taxi out there for a couple hours?

This is great stuff! I love tie breakers!

Are you all referring to the Welcome to Miami on the East side? Do you just grab a taxi out there for a couple hours?
Nah, the one on the main drag.

If you want a Margarita fuerte, got to Guidos and as for a Margarita para Alison. Comes in a small glass, practically no sweet and can be used to remove paint.

I love 'em.

Of course you can order the same at La Choza too. They know how...

I have also heard the Flamingo hotel makes really good ones too, but I never got there to spend an afternoon testing. Not sure if that is still the case.

1633533071996.png

I was referring to the east side Welcome to Miami, haven’t tried the one in town.

Ya know this “best” Margarita thing will never get settled, it’s like asking what’s the best dive site or dive operator. But it’s fun to ask! We haven’t tried them at Guidos yet but will have try one base on cvchief‘s recommendation (that they are strong!)

I make my own at home so when abroad I seek out oddities; my personal COZ favorite is the peanut butter margarita at the Thirsty Cougar. You would think a PB marg would be terrible but it’s actually fantastic (imo).

The XL Woody’s marg is not too bad either as somebody said above, the wife likes the mango one from there too.

Guido’s makes a nice smoky marg imo too

When searching for the best cocktails, its the voyage that matters not the destination.

I personally hope I spend a life time searching and never find the best margarita :)

I make pretty good drinks at home. So my favorite part is when I am out and some random dude makes a better cocktail then me. This requires me to order several more in order to deconstruct the recipe. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom