Best log book software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe Diving Log.de works with any computer. Their direct download may not have your computer but it takes any style of dive format that is available. My strong vote is for Diving Log. email sven if you have a question or want some additional options. The customer service is awesome and the program is the best available imho.

Another plus for dive log is it syncs extremely easy with my iPad and iPhone dive log software.

Not a specific recommendation but a general warning. Having gone through 35 years of personal computing turmoil I put data transportability very high on my list. Changes to real database programs are bad enough. Does anyone remember when dBase was the market leader? All the dive log companies are tiny. In most cases the company is toast if the owner gets hit by a truck. As a result, a big part of your decision should be data transportability.

Figure out how you are going to transfer your data when your dive log software ceases to exist, does not port to a new computing platform you want use, or doesn’t upgrade to new hardware and operating systems. The next step is to see if a new dive log candidate can import from your old program. Finally, make sure they have a reputation for supporting new dive computers that come to market.

Not a specific recommendation but a general warning. Having gone through 35 years of personal computing turmoil I put data transportability very high on my list. Changes to real database programs are bad enough. Does anyone remember when dBase was the market leader? All the dive log companies are tiny. In most cases the company is toast if the owner gets hit by a truck. As a result, a big part of your decision should be data transportability.

Figure out how you are going to transfer your data when your dive log software ceases to exist, does not port to a new computing platform you want use, or doesn’t upgrade to new hardware and operating systems. The next step is to see if a new dive log candidate can import from your old program. Finally, make sure they have a reputation for supporting new dive computers that come to market.

Good point. Divinglog.de, and others, pretty much port to some standard formats like CSV, DAN DL7, Excel, Google Earth, and of course UDCF & UDDF (the dive log formats). They also create files as PDF, MySQL, SQlight, HTML and XML so you can post them or print them. I back up my Divinglog.de file online at https://en.divelogs.de/ so I have a duplicate when I travel. That can be done right from the Divinglog.de menu with one button after you update your dives. BTW, as mentioned above, the Divinglog.de IOS software works the same way but you can actually transfer the file wirelessly.

Subsurface exports to UDDF, and you can upload to divelogs.de. Also recommend scripting a DB backup nightly, just in case! Can save it off to Google Drive, etc. Same with any of the dive log software really.

Ugh, MS Access. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom