Question Best location for diving with non-diving spouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Wants2divemore

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What would be your recommendations for a 5-7 day trip with great diving and enough top side activities for a non-diving spouse? Spouse interests include walking tour, food, yoga, sightseeing, relaxing on a beach, and interesting historical things. I've read through all the posts in the Travel with non diving spouses suggestion thread about adding a subforum for this topic but looking for additional suggestions.

Grace bay, Providenciales or Seven mile beach area of Grand Cayman. Both have great diving (Providenciales involves a longer day for diver due to boat rides, Grand Cayman you can be back by 11:30). Both have arguably the best beaches in the northern hemisphere if not the world, lots of shopping and other topside attractions. Providenciales has the better beach, Grand Cayman has more amenities and spouse feels very safe there. It’s our go to place until I find something else for her.

2nd Grand Cayman as a safe-feeling family-friendly destination.

Not much in the way of historical interest that we saw on our 3 trips. Pretty much need to feel comfortable navigating a rental-car, through roundabouts, on the "wrong" side of the road to get to attractions.

Good snorkeling. Garden (QE 2 Botanical park). Distillery tours (we never made them yet, though) 7MB is very nice and there are a number of isolated beaches on the north shore if you want to get a bit away.

Heartilly recommend Macabuca and Tukka (east and now west) for casual outside dining on the water. (Bonus - you can dive right from Macabuca)

I have the same issue with a non-diving spouse.

….with great diving and enough top side activities for a non-diving spouse? …..suggestion thread about adding a subforum for this topic …..
A new sub-forum would be great!

No pondering what is meant by “great diving”

No wondering what “enough” is for any given spouse.

Maybe try Trip Advisor?

(“Next spouse”? take Indiana Jones advice: choose wisely)

we have enjoyed st maarten many times. diving is good. lots of critters. top side checks all those boxes.

also agree that grand cayman is a nice option. i loved the shore diving when i was there. very pricey though. st maarten is not exactly cheap either but we have never been able to plan a trip to cayman for the same cost as st maarten.

maybe the florida keys? bahamas? so many choices. coz, playa del carmen etc etc

Back
Top Bottom