best local tequila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go take the free tour at Los Tres Tonos. 55 Avenida entre Avenida Juarez y calle 1 Sur

The tour takes place at the family's historic summer home.
It is now a restaurant and tequila tour.
They have tequila and tequila liquors.
[h=1][/h]
x.gif

Reactions: C P
Go take the free tour at Los Tres Tonos. 55 Avenida entre Avenida Juarez y calle 1 Sur

It is now a restaurant and tequila tour.
They have tequila and tequila liquors.
x.gif

That sound remarkably like the tequila tour they set up in the yard at Casa Mission?

They also moved the Parilla Mission to the Papala out back (same geat menu and prices)

Yea, I think we are going to try Parrilla out there. We used to like it on 30. On FB it looks like they re-added the hot bar. I got peeps that loved that hot bar.

OK, heading back to the island soon. I want to bring home some really good tequila, but I wan't something not available here. I mean seriously, why go all the way to Mexico and buy the exact same thing I can get at the liquor store down the road.

So, whats a great local brand and where can I get it?
There is an excellent tequila store just below La Terrace Restaurant. They sell high end sipping tequila and will let you sample some. There is also a liquor store next to the Mega that have some higher end tequila if you want to price shop. The duty free at the airport has some higher end ones as well. Not sure if it is available where you live but Don Julio 1942 is well recommended.

x.gif

How many remember the fellow who built and owned the house before he sold it to Beto? How about the lion? I would say the house "has a history" rather than say it is "historic."

I remember said lions and the monkeys/baboons......until the lion tried to eat a girl.... :(

I almost always get a good bottle of tequila when I'm in CZM. Last one was Fogonero Extra Anejo. Best one yet IMO. Key being Extra Anejo. The guy that sold it to me said the repasado was for drinking with your friends, the Anejo with your very good friends, and the extra Anejo was just for yourself and maybe your wife/girlfriend (but not at the same time). He might be right. It was not cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom