Best Island for two days of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffMandell

Reaction score
I'm feeling an itchy need to dive someplace warm, but I've got no vacation time coming up. I'm thinking the thing to do is to fly into some Carribean island on a Friday, do two days of as much diving as I can cram in, then fly back the next day (late enough to wait my 18 hours). I think I can eke out the Friday and Monday days off.
But where to go? Has to be reachable with one short flight out of Miami or Dallas.
And with what dive op?
I'll be traveling alone, so shore diving is out. Gotta be boat trips. Maybe I can do 4 dives a day someplace with good diving? Or at least 3.
That would be refreshing, I'd say.
Suggestions?

1. Cozumel
2. Bahamas

You might consider Key Largo. It's easy and cheap to rent a car in Miami and easy to do 4 dives per day while still land-based. The Keys don't compare to Cayman, Cozumel or the Bahamas but might be more practical for a 3-day trip.

I assume you've considered the Gulf of California (Sea of Cortez). It's a relatively short flight to La Paz or Cabo and the water is warm there now

Dr. Bill

Actually, I haven't been aware of any good diving in Cabo, so maybe I'm missing something - it doesn't come up much in conversation. Can you be more specific about what the diving's like there and what dive ops you'd consider?
Same for La Paz.
Thanks. I've been moaning for a long time about having to fly east to find warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom