best Island for shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only have experience with Maui & Kauai (Never been to Ohau & when I'm on the big island I get Blue Marlin on the brain), but based on your desire for diving + beaches I'll also have to give the nod to Maui. Kauai has some fantastic shore dives, but except for Tunnels there is no beach involved. Or better still, go to Maui, dive with B&B and you're back at the ramp by 9:30-10:00, just in time to pick up the family and head for the beach for some additional shore dives!

Usually Kona and West Maui (Kihei or Lahaina) have the best reputation for Shore diving. Maui has been rated as some of the easiest shore diving as well. Many sites which are less than 100 yards from the parking lot to the water.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. Here are some of my favorite shore dives on Maui from when I lived there: Aloha Shore Divers

Thanks for the great link. It provided me with basic information above water as well as underwater concerning shore diving in Maui. We are schedule to go in May 2010 and will be doing about 2 weeks of diving, most will be shore diving.

Thanks for all the info on shore diving. It looks like there is a bunch of choices to look into.

Thanks
Ryan

Hi Aquman,

My wife and I are fairly seasoned blue water divers and are planning a trip to your home island this November and are planning to do as much shore diving on our own as we can. Can you recommend the name and locations of what you think are the best spots as well as the name of a good shop to rent our tanks from?

Thanks
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom