Best glue for attaching neoprene booties to trilam suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gsk3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a DUI CLX450 and the booties are shot. I have purchased these booties:
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/replacement-neoprene-booties-p-3098.html

I have a heat gun for the removal, but I don't know what adhesive to use. Have a copy of the Airspeed Press drysuit repair book, but it won't be in my hands for another week or so and I need to get the glue ordered because I've got some diving I need the suit ready for coming up. So I'll have the book to guide me through the repair but need to order the glue now.

What glue should I order?

I've heard Eclectic Products UV6800 at McMaster recommended before, but I can't find it in their catalog, and I'm not sure if it's the best product anyway.

Should I use finishing tape like this?
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/drysuit-finishing-tape-foot-p-3090.html

Thanks.

Home Depot has MEK.

Home Depot has MEK.

Darn you're fast. I realized it was a silly question and edited it out of the post about five seconds after posting :(

But still need to know about the glue, which I suspect is a harder question :-D

Bump. Any suggestions about the best adhesive for this?

Call these guys and find out what they use. If you ask your question in a creative way, they may tell you. They do the majority of repairs/modifications for dive shops here in Minnesota.

Superior Diving Repair, Inc.

Seal Cement

I've used it for Booties, wrist seals, and I used it to make my own neoprene neck seal. Works good.

Weren't the original booties sewn on? If so they new ones should be too, which takes a certain type of sewing machine. Few glues adhere well to trilam. I did see somewhere on this board where it was posted what glues DUI uses. I think it was in the DUI forum. Found it!

Seal cement works great on CF200 material, but not on trilam.

Thanks. Looks like Urethane 1027 is what I should look for.

Back
Top Bottom