Best Full-Foot fins for pool & tropics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Full-foot fins don't always have to be worn barefoot. They can be used with socks or booties as long as their foot pockets are spacious enough to accommodate them. This was common practice in Europe in the 1960s and 1970s when full-foot fins were the norm. Full-foot Bio Fins UNI are even sized to be worn over socks or booties.

Good point. After diving for 7 days straight aboard a Blackbeard's cruise, I did just that... small neoprene socks help prevent blisters and add just a touch of comfort :wink:

Hi,

I'm looking for a pair of full-foot fins for pool work, snorkeling & tropical diving. I have 2 pairs of open-heel fins but want a full-foot set so I won't ruin boots in the pool. So far I'm leaning towards the: Mares Avanti Superchannel Full-Foot or the New Mares Quattro Power Full Foot Fins. Sadly, I haven't had a chance to dive with either. Thoughts all?

I bought the Mares Avanti Superchannel's you mentioned and love them. The only time I use my Scubapro twin jets now are when I go to Bonaire and I need the booties for shore entry. Other than that, I have been using the ASC fullfoot fins for all my other trips to the caribbean. You won't be disappointed if you go with them. I got mine from Water World in Durham.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom