Best forum for used commercial gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KD8NPB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there an active commercial diving forum out there with a classifieds section?

I'm looking to pick up a used & abused Desco Air Hat and lack a good spot to look.

I have a used but excellent condition KM SL17 if interested.

SL17 would be a little rich for my blood. I'm looking for a metal, free-flow type helmet. Although if somebody had a surplus Mk 1 Mod 0, I wouldn't say no to that either.

IMG_1351.jpgIMG_1350.jpgIMG_1349.jpgIMG_1348.jpg

I still have my KMB-8 band mask but they stopped making those in 1969 so I do not think you can get parts for that any more. This is more of a collectors item now. What type of work are you doing?

I still have my KMB-8 band mask but they stopped making those in 1969 so I do not think you can get parts for that any more. This is more of a collectors item now. What type of work are you doing?

Display primarily to supplement the Viking lineup, but I would love something to screw around with.

I did see one on ebay but $1,000.00 seems too high for a helmet in this condition.

Desco Diving Helmet Air Hat | eBay

I noticed that one! Looks like the air control valve is bent too.

Display primarily to supplement the Viking lineup, but I would love something to screw around with.

Are you talking about Viking drysuits? The Desco Pot did not come with a breast plate. If you are looking for a helmet & breastplate that Viking made drysuits for you want an AH-2 or maybe 3.

Are you talking about Viking drysuits? The Desco Pot did not come with a breast plate. If you are looking for a helmet & breastplate that Viking made drysuits for you want an AH-2 or maybe 3.

A Desco Air Hat yoke is available. The local nuke suit of choice is an Amron HD1500 w/ a desco yoke installed.

I'm trying to redo our displays to be a bit more attractive, so I thought about setting up a Viking Haztech w/ a Desco yoke, classic rings, and steel toes.

Either that, or a Mk 1 Mod 0 on top of a Pro-1000 and call it a day...I've actually got some old US Diver's Comdive stuff on the wall. It'd go nicely.

I do not think I would be comfortable doing a hazmat dive with a neoprene breast plate. I would prefer one of these in a situation like that.

ah3front.jpgaquadyne-AH-GS-2_0167.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom