Best fins to fit DUI Torbo Soles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverTimOH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a new DUI dry suit with turbo soles earlier this Summer. The twin jets that fit great over a wet suit boot are way too small for the turbo sole. Have used them, but ouch! Is there a fin that best accommodates the wider flatter bottom of the turbo sole compared than the more natural shape of a wet suit boot, or do I just need to get a larger twin jet? Really wishing I'd have gotten rock boots at this point. Seems like its a matter of time before the fin strap causes the sole to delaminate.

What size Turbo Soles? I have either men's ML or L(can't remember which) and the Hollis F1s fit well.

Hollis F-1's, HOG Tech Fins, Jets, etc. What you really need to do is try some on and the ones that fit the best are the ones for you. I went through your issues. I have three different styles of wet suit boots and two drysuits. One with attached boots and one with Rock boots. I own five sets of fins I use depending on the dive, conditions, and suit/boots I'm using.

Is there a fin that best accommodates the wider flatter bottom of the turbo sole compared than the more natural shape of a wet suit boot, or do I just need to get a larger twin jet?

I went from a pair of L Power Fins with a wets suit booty to an XL Power Fin, XL Jet Fin (standard), and XL POSIDEN/UTD/HOG/ fin with the Turbo Soles and heavy wool socks......soooo, I guess I would recommend trying on (in a store) a one-size-larger fin. With socks on.

I have seen a myriad of fins work with Turbo's.....Turtle's, F1's, Jets, etc. Every diver has their own preference for fit. Your best bet is to try on a few(and dive them if you can borrow) and see what's the best for you. Most divers have an arsenal of fins for different types of diving and configurations....I know I do!

True enough. Fins are like regs (and bpw's, sidemount rigs, reels, lights, and knives) you can never have too many.

Back
Top Bottom