best fin for drysuit w/rockboot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a size 9 foot and need size 11 CT's to fit my drysuit's neoprene socks. Size 11 CT's is the most you're going to get into an XL Jet or Slip.

I'm not really up on whether or not the slipstreams come in a larger size than the xl jet equivalent...
Yes, they have an XXL Slipstream. It's not quite as large as an XXL Jet, but bigger than a XXXL Turtle. A buddy of mine owns a pair, and I tried them with my size 11 Bare rock boots ... they were a bit too large. The XL's were a bit too small ... the 3X Turtles were juuuusssst right ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I use XL twin jetmax because I am a physcist and don't think the world is 10000 years old...

If the Scubapro XL Jets fits you,

My other half has size 12 feet...not sure of the width, though. XL Jetfins were far too big

Are you guys sure of these sizes? My size 11 rock boots are too big for XL Jets and too small for XXL Jets.

They fit the size XL Turtles.

I use XXL Jets and am wearing size 12 Bare Trek and also had size 12 Rockboots.

If you are going to do any diving when there''s snow or ice on the ground you will appreciate the Bare Trek boots much more than the Rockboots. Rockboots have very thin bottoms with no insulation whereas Trek boots are more like thick tennis shoes.

I just did 3 ice dives using just a neoprene soft boot over the stocking foot of the drysuit, and realized VERY QUICKLY this was a bad combo for ice and snow, especially when humping gear down to the hole from the parking area.

Thanks for the input, because a bad sole is what I am trying to fix!

Are you guys sure of these sizes? My size 11 rock boots are too big for XL Jets and too small for XXL Jets.

They fit the size XL Turtles.

I own both OMS and Jets ... oh wait ... I own a pair of XXL OMS Slipstream, a pair of XL Jets, 2 L Jets and 1 M Jets. Don't ask why, its a disease:)

Anyway, I'm 5'7" and my neoprene boots is a 9 and the XL Jets fits just right, but too tight for the Large Jets. My Bare drysuit boots, which is a size 12 fits the XXL OMS.

Here are the dimensions for XXL OMS and XL Jets. Hopefully, it'll help the OP with his decision.

XXL OMX: height 4" x width 4.5 x depth 7.5
XL Jets: 4 x 3.25 x 7.5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom