Best fin for currents gulf stream ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silverback784

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on a dive this last week in Fla and one of the dive masters said he uses Free Diver fins for really strong current or spear fishing. I dont see a lot of them and most are closed heel. Is this type of fin a real good choice or would a shorter stiffer type fin be better. Can anyone help out with this? Also right now my primary dives are in quarries and some river dives. They did say my fins were to flexible.

they need to take a basic class in physics then... flexible fins have long ago proven to be the most effective at moving at speed for long periods of time. Sure, long blades can be useful, but then so can Zoomers. It has much more to do with your personal fitness then your fins. If you can't keep up with the currents then get into better shape. It doesn't matter if you simply tire or cramp, doesn't matter, getting into better shape is the only answer. Being uncomfortable in fins that don't fit you, your style, your fitness, will simply make you cramp and tire more quickly. Get over what people say and learn what works for you and stick with it, period.

Back
Top Bottom