Best drysuit for large weight flux?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Getting back into diving after 3 years. Going to be going dry again, I have dove DUI in the past and Andy's. I was wondering what would the best dry suit be for someone whose weight changes a lot? I get as big as 210-220lbs in winter and get back down to mid 190's in the summer/fall. I have been looking at the White's Fusion Tech, and both of Scubapro's suits as they fall in my pricerange (I am a bit broke as I'm in the process of getting married and moving back to the US) How would these suits compare? I've never dove on neoprene suits but from what I've read they are a bit tighter and probably wouldn't be good for someone who has such a weight difference. One thing I didn't like about the trilams I dove before was all the layers. Neoprene seems to get around this by keeping your warmer without the layers?

I will be diving probably in the Boston area first but we maybe moving out to the Northwest.

+1 on the whites, I can dive a xl (though tight around my mid section) a 2x-3x (which is what i own) or a 4x.

Thanks. This is the suit i'm looking at the most Will try to demo it when I get home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom