Best Dry Suits for Women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Whites Fusion (Tech skin) suit. I have curves (5 feet 3 inches, weighing 135 lb), but I cannot complain too much about the fit - an off-the-rack size fit me decently enough, and it even accommodated a 10 lb weight loss. The biggest frustrations (apart from mystery leaks) are the U shape of the zipper - my chest feels like the prow of a ship - and the saggy skin (which begins as soon as you put anything in your pockets, like safety spools). It also takes a little while to dry. If I could do it again, I would go for the Santi Ladies suit. It's actually cut to accommodate women's shapes (granted, Whites has a women's range but there are no pockets on one of them, and I dislike the cutesy purple) and the material is durable and dries very quickly relative to the Fusion. (It also comes in cutsey and non cutesey colors, if that's important.) However, it is significantly more expensive, but having seen these suits in action, I think that's its only drawback.

----

Vinegar biscuit, What size fusion are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 13th, 2015 at 11:50 AM ----------

Small, I think.

I have a standard women size S Ursuit Kevlar at the moment in active use but I was quite happy with my old made-to-measure Seaskin. When ordering made-to-measure suit I really didn't expect I should have modified my measurements to get the perfect fit. My "problem" is a fairly narrow waist compared to hips and butt and the suit was almost impossible to slide up without hard jumping because of the narrow waist area. I guess I should have given bigger waist measurements and not to thrust them to understand this problem..

Sent from my SM-G350 using Tapatalk

I have a standard women size S Ursuit Kevlar at the moment in active use but I was quite happy with my old made-to-measure Seaskin. When ordering made-to-measure suit I really didn't expect I should have modified my measurements to get the perfect fit. My "problem" is a fairly narrow waist compared to hips and butt and the suit was almost impossible to slide up without hard jumping because of the narrow waist area. I guess I should have given bigger waist measurements and not to thrust them to understand this problem..

I'm considering a seaskin.. now you've got me wondering. What's the difference in size between your hip and waist measure in cm? Mine is 20cm. And do they not have a model that has a zipper that goes down to the hip?

Well hip-waist difference for me is around 30 cm and waist-seat even larger so maybe you will not have the same problem. My model is from 2012 with normal frontzip. The other slighty annoying fact was the size of the neoprene socks. They asked actual shoe size and I gave it as UK3 and told I dive most of the times in really cold waters. Still after getting the suit I hardly managed to fit normal socks under the neoprene socks... But even with these slightly annoying details I've been really happy with the quality of the suit and if I buy a new one in the future I will either add boots or take a lot bigger neoprene socks as well as provide 10 cm bigger waist measurement. :wink:

I'm new to drysuit diving. Still got a lot to learn about them!

The one thing I am sure of is that I'm not a standard size and off the shelf dry suits don't work well for me. Even though the Whites Fusion can fit multiple size people it doesn't mean that it's a comfortable option. I'm short and curvy so it means using a suit that has long legs to accommodate my ample butt. Having all that excess leg material is a real annoyance. Same goes for the arms! The Lycra type shell holds it in - but only to a point... ... after that it's just scrunched up and bulky :depressed:

So I've ordered my own one - 4th Element - which is actually made by Ursuit. Really looking forward to a drysuit that is made for me!

The only suits that fits woman are most times MTM suits, even with 'female sizes'. I am 1.82m, and that means that I need an L or XL for man. Then the hips will fit in, shoes too big, and shoulders too wide, and most times legs too short. A normal M fits on shoes, shoulders, but not on hips, and legs are too short.
Every brand has its own way of mtm suits. Some like wide on shoulders (like Otter), others like quite slimfit (Santi). I prefer slimfit around the legs, but wide around the shoulders. Pockets never on front (Otter sometimes has, that is horrible in diving).
I have 3 suits that has to be mtm, yes, all fit, but all have their own good things and bad things.
-Santi: legs too long, too slim around shoulders. Yes I can dive it without problems, but I don't like. A next suit I will say and I won't accept this fit I have now again. Lot of females get this fit, so it is 'normal' for Santi'. Further a perfect suit, except the tizip. I got 4 zips replaces in 3.5 year (yes warranty), now finally a brass zip which are much better. Tizips always start leaking around 70 dives. Of course I will never choose for that stupid female suit with that zip on the other side. I do not like female suits, they must be like man suits, but then mtm to fit me.
-Otter: legs perfect, socks with rockboots. Shoulders wide. Pockets on sides. Yes I like the suit. I only prefer flexsoles over socks with rockboots. The rockboots from Otter hurt. Further a perfect suit. I have red with black, but pink is possible too.
-Procean, a Dutch brand. Telescopic part as orderd not delivered (back part too short to be telescopic), with diving no problems. Legs a little bit too short and too wide. No problem with diving, but I cannot sit on knees. Next time I will not accept this.

Some advices for you:
- no tizip. Only problems with it, brass is much more durable
- take HD seals, they will last really longer (or try the silicone ones, but I don't like rings in my suit).
- Ask for the warranty and aftersales. Santi aftersales is really good. If you need it, then you need good aftersales.

I don't know if the OP has gotten the answer they're looking for as yet, but I'm a big DUI fan. Mine is probably 12 years old & still going strong.

FWIW,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom