Best diving, leaving from Karon Beach vicinity.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxmaxum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Staying a week on Karon Beach, looking for the single best day trip for diving and operator. What will be easiest/best from that location plus I'm only looking for a 2 tank dive. I will be a solo diver but my wife will need to come along also. Any advice?

For for a 2-tank dive your options are easy: Racha Yai. Now if looking at 3 dives all options are on the table. Depending on diving the previous days the best option would either be Phi Phi or King Cruiser-Shark Point area, both with 3 dives.

Thanks for your time/reply, through some research i would like to try a day trip to Similan Is. found an operator who has 2 tank dives. I understand the distance is an issue but if possible that would be my preference.

Thanks for your time/reply, through some research i would like to try a day trip to Similan Is. found an operator who has 2 tank dives. I understand the distance is an issue but if possible that would be my preference.
You said you wanted to take your wife with you, which is why I did not mention Similans. She will have an awful day, sitting in a minibus for 2+ hours, on a speedboat for (depending on the time of year a bit more or less) around 12,5 hours, after that she should be comfortable on a big boat for 4 hours or so, and then again the way back, 1,5 hours speedboat and 2+ hours minibus.

Fine for divers, but for non-divers I strongly recommend to stay away from this.

Ill run it by here but im pretty sure you are correct. Thanks

After viewing your website, on 3 tank phi phi/shark point day trip package, what is the charge for a non diving customer?

Charge for a non-diver is 2,300 Baht. She would be able to do some snorkeling at Phi Phi as well, not in the Shark Point area.

Thanks, Ill be in contact when the dates get closer. We're staying in Karon, how close is your dive shop to Beyond Karon?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom