Best Diving in Puerto Vallarta in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anje77o

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello there,

Can anyone tell me the best sites with the highest visibility and most abundant in marine life? I'm not advanced so an easier dive? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. I will be visiting in mid-April and would like to dive 2 spots.

I think I saw the most critters at Majahuitas. I was there last May (and November) and the visibility was so-so, maybe 25-40 feet. It got clearer the deeper we went, but it also got colder. I was wearing my tropical 2.5mm full suit and borrowed a 5mm hood and vest as was still cold. Next time I'm going to wear my 3mm shorty under my full suit and my 7mm hood. If you are a California diver you probably already have a 7mm suit :wink: I suggest taking it.

Do you have a dive op picked out? We went with PV Ocean Tours both times and will dive with them again. I don't think they charge extra for gear (regulator, BC, wetsuit, etc) so

The diving around PV was pretty easy except if it's choppy you have to be careful boarding the boat. At Majahuitas we saw LOTS of morays just laying around, lots of stingrays, octopi, seahorses, stonefish, sea snakes and schools of porcupine fish as well as huge schools of various kinds of fishes. Marc (PV Ocean Tours) has been seeing quite a few large mantas lately and there's a recent thread somewhere here on SB with a video of a manta in PV. We also dove Jardines, Playa Mismaloya, and Los Arcos. All were fun, interesting, and easy enough for a beginner. Matter-of-fact there were some newly-certified divers on the boat in November. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

PV Stingray3 Adjusted.jpg Amore.jpg PV Moray Big.jpg Seahorse Good Adjusted.jpg Seeing Beyond.jpg

That was my video from our trip with PV Ocean Tours in October. Definitely highly recommend PVOT. My wife suffered a minor injury during our trip so she was not able to dive again after the second day. Marc and Alun were nice enough to offer a free dive trip to make up for the ones she missed on our next visit. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Back
Top Bottom