Best Diving in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately I have no say in my arrival location as I am coming in on a ship. However, I am leaving by plane so my departure point is a bit more flexible. That being said you are right that additional travelling just cuts into bottom time, so the question is, do I waste a day travelling to NSW, or do I stick it out in Perth?

Tony

If I were you because of the limited time you have I would stay and dive Busselton and Albany as Gudge says. I havent dived there, but know people who have and they say the diving is good.

I am guessing it would take quite a bit less time to get to Exmouth and dive up there, I have been lucky enough to see quite a few of Gudges photos and the diving looks outstanding, I certainly would love to dive there.
From what I have seen it would at least be equivalent to the better places on the Great Barrier Reef.

just my opinion.

Just my biased opinion, but you'd be mad not to come up to the Ningaloo Reef for some diving and the whale sharks since you'll be in Perth. One of our DMTs just found a flight for $160 (one way) on Skywest, so it pays to check them out. Even though it is expensive, I think it's well worth it - I've lived and dived here for the past 13 years (yikes, how did it get to be that long??) and I can't imagine living anywhere else right now :)

There are some links in my sig that you might find helpful in looking around for Aussie diving and Ningaloo stuff.

Back
Top Bottom