Best Diving from Paradise Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanjuan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be staying on Paradise Island in Mid March and I am looking to go diving for at least one day, maybe two if it's exceptional, just wondering if someone could suggest to me an operator to use, as well as some dive site names that you recommend. I have been diving all over the caribbean and so I am pretty picky. Additionally, if you know of some good snorkeling spots I would love to know about those too. Thank you!!

All the dive operators on Nassau:

Bahama Divers - located at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island.
Paradise Dive Charters - I know nothing about them.
Stuart Cove's - since you're "picky" it might be useful to know that their shuttle ride from PI is about 45mins. one way.

There's also Custom Aquatics if you want to do a full-day private charter.

Can u recommend any dive sites that have nice coral and aquatic life??

I have gone with Stuart Cove’s several times over the last 3 years at various times of the year and have usually had a good experience. They have a very efficient land operation, you can call the day before and get on a boat, but once you leave the dock it becomes the typical cattle drive. Last week it was very rough, 4 - 6 ft seas, they only went a couple of miles from the dock. ( I believe it would have been calmer further around the end of the island ) The boat had at least 20 divers with one guide for 16 of us with all levels of experience. Visibility was only 50 - 60 feet, so in order to keep in sight of the guide we were swimming on top of each other. Lately, it seems like they are fixated on “wreck diving” which is just a bunch of junk piles to me. At one point they had two boats over the same wreck at the same time and it was total grid lock! It was almost impossible to take a picture without a stranger in it. Bottom line is, if the winds are up the diving gets poor.

I will be checking out Bahama Diver’s next time I go to Nassau but availability looks more limited for short notice boat space.

How is the diving in May? We are staying at Paradise Island and will probably check out Bahama Divers as well. Been there once before and used Stuart's Cove. 45 minute drive there and the same back. I want something closer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom