Best diving conditions in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to the resort in Sipaway but was only able to go snorkeling. Lots of neat stuff though; saw a robust ghost pipefish just off their jetty. Saw a juv. orbicular batfish, a sea krait, and a bluering octopus in the intertidal zone also. Lots of potential, but I still prefer my sand dark. :D

hahahhaha, i know the ghost pipefish! i saw too many of them when i was there two weekends ago. i snorkeled only, too.

about your sand colour preference.... you're a true dumagueteno. :blinking: they all prefer their sand black!

they all prefer their sand black!

And hot. I knew a guy operating a shrimp hatchery there called Ma Init. If you walk out on the beach, the sand was really hot from the geothermal water seeping up from the volcanic action of Kanlaon. (Isn't that the name of the big volcano there?)

yup, Kanlaon. that's actually near my hometown than it is in dumaguete. but it produces a lot of hot springs across the island. (is that how it works? :laughing:)

And hot. I knew a guy operating a shrimp hatchery there called Ma Init. If you walk out on the beach, the sand was really hot from the geothermal water seeping up from the volcanic action of Kanlaon. (Isn't that the name of the big volcano there?)

yup, Kanlaon. that's actually near my hometown than it is in dumaguete. but it produces a lot of hot springs across the island. (is that how it works? :laughing:)

Erm, Kanlaon is a bit too far up North. The geothermal activity in the southern Negros area is actually due to Los Cuernos de Negros (Horns of Negros, hence the prevalent disposition of horniness amongst the natives :D) which is a dormant volcano. Despite being dormant, it's quite active (huh?); the geothermal plants on its slopes actually provides electricity for sections of three islands: Negros, Cebu, and Panay.

The Mainit marine sanctuary is actually a great divesite. Great drift diving with blue-spotted stingrays and a school of BIG barracudas (Sphyraena qenie) almost gauranteed on every dive. It's also one of the few places where a school of wild bangus can be seen from time to time. And if that's not enough, you get underwater hot springs while doing your safety stop.

that's what i thought.

Erm, Kanlaon is a bit too far up North. The geothermal activity in the southern Negros area is actually due to Los Cuernos de Negros (Horns of Negros, hence the prevalent disposition of horniness amongst the natives :D) which is a dormant volcano. Despite being dormant, it's quite active (huh?); the geothermal plants on its slopes actually provides electricity for sections of three islands: Negros, Cebu, and Panay.

The Mainit marine sanctuary is actually a great divesite. Great drift diving with blue-spotted stingrays and a school of BIG barracudas (Sphyraena qenie) almost gauranteed on every dive. It's also one of the few places where a school of wild bangus can be seen from time to time. And if that's not enough, you get underwater hot springs while doing your safety stop.

mainit is a marine sanctuary?! wow, i really do not know my own province! shame on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom