Best Diver EVER!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got a CAA discount too and it was a 3 hour behind the scenes tour (including the 40 minute dive).

And yes..no sea sickness...

I did Dive Quest at Epcot a few years ago. It was an enjoyable experience, I had the most fun playing with the kids and asking folks in the restaurant if I could have a sip of their drinks - through the glass.

I'll stand by what I replied to a fellow who was saying the same as the OP. We were waiting to be picked up outside the gift shop to begin Dive Quest. He said, "I've done this four times! It's the best diving I've ever done!"
My reply, "You need to get out in ocean more. Maybe travel some."

It was a nifty one-time dive. I'll spend my money for the mysteries of the real deep.

I'll probably be doing this in February as I won't have time to go out to the ocean and we'll only be in Orlando for a few days. I will say, though, the "real water" diving off the east coast of Florida is something to experience and well worth the effort. I will definitely be diving Blue Heron Bridge again in the future.

See another thread about aquarium dives, good info in both. Perhaps a new section devoted to Aquarium Diving could be done.

Also to consider price. Epcot diving is at 175 per person, getting on a boat to a dive site is near that price, w/o the seasick hassle.
Boat dives in the West Palm Beach area generally run 55-65 USD for a 2 tank dive and about 85 for a 3 bottle. These are drift dives and so much fun because you barely have to do a thing...the current takes you along the reefs.:D

Boat dives in the West Palm Beach area generally run 55-65 USD for a 2 tank dive and about 85 for a 3 bottle. These are drift dives and so much fun because you barely have to do a thing...the current takes you along the reefs.:D

How deep are those drift dives? Best drift dive I've ever done was Paradise Reef off the West coast of Cozumel, a little bit South of where the big yachts dock.

Part of the charm at Epcot is the influence you'll have on the kids, thus perpetuating early the love of Scuba, like Jacques Cousteau did for me on TV.

Epcot diving is at $175 per person, getting on a boat to a dive site is near that price, w/o the seasick hassle.

Getting on a boat and doing a 2 tank boat dive cost between $70-$85 not including tip in FL. That is around 2 hours of bottom time vs. what 20 minutes for $175? I hope there are other perks.

When boat diving you will have the experience of the boat trip, the currents, the ocean, the reefs and the sea life. For example you may sea Nurse sharks, reef sharks, bull sharks, turtles, parrot fish, manta rays, lobster, groupers of several varieties, trumpet fish, sea cumbers, mantis shrimp, dolphins, whales, along with hard and soft coral, and the list goes on and on. Disney is one of my childhood and adult favorites, but Diving on the east coast of FL is a thrilling and fantastic experience.

Honey. HONEY! You gotta get back to Cozumel! You saw the least of it.
However, I have landed from Cozumel, washed clothes and headed to the Gold Coast.
Both have charm a-plenty.
Shallow side of the reef is roughly 45-65, and the deep side of the reef is 70-100, if I remember right.
Go for it. There's great diving from Jupiter to the Keys. My favorite part is the drift diving Jupiter to Ft. Lauderdale.
Then get back to Cozumel!!

The kids were definitely the best part of Dive Quest at Disney - for me. I raise a fair number of divers from my classroom, too. I use my dive pics and videos to illustrate concepts about as often as possible. They hook the kids quick!

How deep are those drift dives? Best drift dive I've ever done was Paradise Reef off the West coast of Cozumel, a little bit South of where the big yachts dock.

Part of the charm at Epcot is the influence you'll have on the kids, thus perpetuating early the love of Scuba, like Jacques Cousteau did for me on TV.

Good on you!

I did DiveQuest last spring. I have to agree with the others who posted - OW diving in Florida is great with more to explore than DiveQuest. Nevertheless, it was a fun and convenient dive.

My most humorous experience at DiveQuest happened right at the beginning. We geared up and were supposed to surface swim into the middle of the aquarium. I am used to being properly weighted with my own gear, so I calmly shot a few seconds of air into the DiveQuest-supplied gear, stepped off the edge, and rather than calmly floating away I plummeted toward the bottom. Yes, I forgot to do a buoyancy check. I don't know how much lead they packed into that BC, but damn was I over-weighted. I guess that is why their BCs have 40# lift wings...

Reactions: EFB
Sure hitting some other spots is great, if that's what the vacation is based around. It's about a 40 minute dive, plus the before and after backstage time. All the money goes to the disney conservation fund. The interaction with the guests is awesome. It allows you to be part of the show. 99% of the people on the other side of the glass think are the coolest thing at that point. The thing that I personally loved the most about it, was my family got to watch me and my brother dive. They brother was able to play with his grandkids while diving. Our mom got to see us, and very rarely at her age does she get excited about stuff, but the smile on her face and how excitedly she was waving made it worth every penny. So sure, I'm sure we'll do some 'real' diving in Fl when that is what the trip is based on. When the grandkids, sister, mother, daughter stays at home, that's when we'll go out on a boat and dive. But please dont knock something just because it's not in 'real' water.

Reactions: EFB
I want to do the Disney Dive one of the next times my wife & I go up there. Eventually i want to try Blue Heron, just getting there (it's 1-2 hr drive for me depending on traffic from Hollywood and i don't get off work during the week till 5)

right now trying to find someone who wants to do a beach dive at either Dania Eurojacks or Lauderdale by the Sea Thanksgiving weekend (right now don't have any friends that dive and the 2/3 that do need refreshers/EQ maint)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom