Best Diver EVER!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not certified yet, but did the Seas Aqua Tour at Epcot a few years ago. They bill it as "scuba-assisted snorkeling," and basically you gear up with a bcd, pony tank, reg, the whole 9 yards- except no weights, so you can't dive. For me, it was a good stepping stone from snorkeling to diving, because it got me used to the feeling of breathing with a reg, wearing all the more cumbersome gear in a controlled environment- with the major bonus of having interesting things to see, and getting to tour the facilities. From there, I did a confined-water Discover Scuba session w/ my LDS, and a resort dive in Cozumel (which was a great dive, but not as controlled as I expected a Resort dive to be- so I'm glad I had taken those baby steps along the way, and had an AOW certified buddy who has since gone on to be a divemaster in the Seychelles). My next step is to take my OW certification classes with the LDS, and my certification dives on a referral basis in Belize.

I guess my point is that the Epcot programs are great for what they are- either as an un-intimidating, interesting dive (or scuba-assisted snorkel :) ) for newer divers, as a convenient dive in the midst of a non-diving family vacation, or for the novelty factor of interacting with guests and seeing the backstage side of the facility. It's easy, there is no dealing with hauling gear, major safety concerns (I realize things can go wrong anywhere, but the chances are a whole lot lower in this environment), etc. It's like a fluff movie vs. a historical epic- they aren't the same things, but there is value in each for its own purpose.

Reactions: EFB
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom