BEST dive watch for around $1000 WHY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello

This is for Mike and Moto. I third the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX. I have had it for over 2 yrs with over 200 logged dives on it and I love it. However It is no longer holding the charge, sine both of you have mentioned it above I was wondering if you knew how to address that particular issue. Can the rechargeable battery within the watch be changed?

Katherine

Hello

This is for Mike and Moto.

I third the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX. I have had it for over 2 yrs with over 200 logged dives on it and I love it. However It is no longer holding the charge, sine both of you have mentioned it above I was wondering if you knew how to address that particular issue. Can the rechargeable battery within the watch be changed?

Katherine

Hello

This is for Mike and Moto.

I third the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX. I have had it for over 2 yrs with over 200 logged dives on it and I love it. However It is no longer holding the charge, sine both of you have mentioned it above I was wondering if you knew how to address that particular issue. Can the rechargeable battery within the watch be changed?

Katherine

You will probably have to send it to Citizen for a battery replacement. All rechargeable batteries will eventually need to be replaced. You could ask your local Citizen watch shop if they would send it in for you.

Just another thought about the rechargeable battery... Are you waiting until the battery is almost dead or are you charging it up when there is still battery life left? Some batteries need to be discharged before charging again. I know that's not always an option, but if you can let the watch almost die and try charging it up again.

Sorry for the miscomunication; what i am lookign for is a dive computer that can function as a watch out of water, like the d9, but if i can find soemthing thats just as good but less expensive that would be nice :)

Your option would be to buy a D9 second-hand....

D9 is a top of the range computer...with a wealth of functions. You pay more money for that.

If you were prepared to abandon the criteria for air-integration - then you could source a Suunto Stinger for much less money. There are lots appearing on Ebay etc. If you wanted a new computer...then the D4 is a good all-round choice as a 'watch' for the recreational scuba market

Other than air-integration...the D9 has a lot of features you will probably never use. 3 gas mixes are inconsequential for recreational divers. The digital compass is, IMHO, not as useful as it sounds. The deepstop option, I believe, shouldn't be used unless you actually understand the concept and theory of bubble mechanics and decompression...which is unlikely for most recreational divers.

My local dive shop has the Suunto D9 which i think is really sleek, but rather expensive... thoughts on this wlaso would be great. thank you!

Currently a D9 on eBay used 15 minutes no transmitter in Titanium for as of now $435 with a little over a day left on Auction.
Suunto D9 Titanium band NO transmitter. Used 15 min - eBay (item 260416500635 end time May-27-09 12:29:17 PDT)
item number if link doesn't work: Suunto D9 Titanium band NO transmitter. Used 15 min. Item number: 260416500635
I have also seen someone on here advertising to sell their transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom