Best dive value

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

del_mo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
No doubt we all have our favorites. No doubt most of us have tried no more than a couple of operators. I've now tried three. And by far, SilentWorld gets my vote for "Best Value".

Reasons: When you purchase a package of 5 two-tank dives, the cost is only $40 per trip, including air. The boats, Island Hoppers, are fast and small, so you don't have the cattle boat mentality and they get you to your dive site and back quicker than most. The captains are safe and friendly. They dive at least one site that many, if not most upper key operators avoid, such as Carys Fort Reef (shhhhh...don't tell anyone what a nice dive site that is).

As new owners, I wish Chris and Alison good fortunes.

I have to agree with you about the value, it was the best one out there that I could find. I can't wait to go diving with them in a just a few weeks.

I've been on a hookah in the keys before, but other than her checkout dives in the Gulf, this will be my wifes first "real" dive. We are both really excited.

We are going on the Saturday afternoon dive, then the Sunday AM dive. I'm trying to find something fun to do Saturday AM before our dive... maybe Kayak or something like that. I thought about doing 2 trips that day, but it might be a little much for our first time out.

I will be doing nothing but diving when I'm there, since the wife and child are not coming down. I've got 5 half day trips planned in 2 1/2 days starting diving on Friday PM, after my Nitrox classroom session. This will be my first time diving in the Keys and I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure that all of us will have a good time diving! I'm just hoping that my wreck dives all work out, that is really what I'm looking forward to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom