Question Best dive sites on Eastpoint side of the island.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DirtFish

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,
Planning my first visit to Curaçao spring 2023. My wife is AOW and I am a Tech diver on vacation. We will be staying at Marazul for 2 1/2 weeks, renting a small truck with D&D and unlimited tanks from Go West. I want to minimize the amount of boat dives. My question is, for the Eastpoint dives which two would you pick as your favorite and why.
The list I have is:
Eel Valley, Booby Trap, Fuik/Newport, Katie's Paradise, Smokies, Hamrok, Black Rock, and Tarpon Bridge. Any that I missed?

We will probably do a Westpoint boat dive to Watamula and Mushroom Forest. All of the rest will be shore dives, which is why we are going there.
Thanks for your insight!
Also, any favorite vegan or vegetarian restaurants on the island?

The two best dive sites at Eastpoint are No Way (not on your list) and Black Rock. The soft corals and fans are huge - and the ancient Elkhorns are breath-taking! This is the nursery for the island - so there are many schools of fish of all sizes. For your best opportunity to dive these sites, contact Dive Charter Curacao. The other boat operators typically don’t go out that far.

The next best sites are Hamrak and Katie’s Paradise. Tarpon Bridge has some unique features but not a lot of actual reef.

Hi @DirtFish - KK nailed it really... the sites just before the actual Eastpoint and after Hamrak are mindblowing - really! Some additional dive sites to consider would be Shipwreck Point (can be a shore dive) and Beacon Point due to enormous Pillar coral formations.

Although the 2 sites above are not in the area of Eastpoint, they are incredibly healthy sites worth at least one dive. Additionally, Beacon Point marks the beginning of the Curacao National Marine Park.

If you require additional information, please check out our Curacao Shore Diving Guide or PM me!

Hi @DirtFish - KK nailed it really... the sites just before the actual Eastpoint and after Hamrak are mindblowing - really! Some additional dive sites to consider would be Shipwreck Point (can be a shore dive) and Beacon Point due to enormous Pillar coral formations.

Although the 2 sites above are not in the area of Eastpoint, they are incredibly healthy sites worth at least one dive. Additionally, Beacon Point marks the beginning of the Curacao National Marine Park.

If you require additional information, please check out our Curacao Shore Diving Guide or PM me!
Thank you! I have been using the great info on your website to map out our dive plans. Truly appreciate your feedback!

Back
Top Bottom