Best Dive Shops and Boats in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always dive Maui, or occasionally the Big Island, but will be on Oahu next week on the north side of the island. Since I'm not enthused about driving to Honolulu in the morning to go out with dive operators down then, I found Deep Ecology up in Haleiwa. Anyone dive with them before and have any positive or negative comments?

No, but I have been in their shop and they look pretty good. They have their own boat so they can get out beyond the swells that can be a little messy and prevent most of the shore diving up there this time of year. Please let us know how it turns out.

north shore may be done for this year,, prevailing swells just keep on coming in, if your staying on the north shore and you end up diving maunalua bay or waikiki be prepared to get an early start

north shore may be done for this year,, prevailing swells just keep on coming in, if your staying on the north shore and you end up diving maunalua bay or waikiki be prepared to get an early start
Thanks for the warning. I talked to Pat from Deep Ecology today to book dives for next week, and she said they're still going out from Haleiwa, but they're checking conditions daily

Any easy shore dives on the north shore that I might be able to get my wife to do? She has a conference call Wednesday AM, so my only dive option is probably a shore dive somewhere

Having only done cocktails at Turtle Bay before, I'm completely ignorant of the area. Is there any diving in Turtle Bay?

I used to do the Intro pool gig at Turtle Bay for Deep Ecology, and then we drove; sometimes as far as Kahe Pt. or Magic Island. :(

I'm going to be on vacation early November in Oahu....on this same vein, is there a dive club or groups that would take a tag along? I am an instructor and wasn't going to rent a car. Just wanted to join a group or solo who wants gas and a free lunch??

Thanks for any info...Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom