best Dive Rite BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The nomad is a sidemount rig. Are you planning on going sidemount? What are you looking for specifically? What kind of diving do you plan to do? Do you have a specific mission goal that requires more than a basic back plate and wing with one piece HOG harness? Are you setting up doubles or plan to in the near future? How much money do you want to spend? What BC's have you used so far? Does your dive mission goal require you to spend $700 on a BC?

You have according to your profile less than 50 dives, why do you want a specialized sidemount BC? I hope you are evaluating your needs based on your training and experience and not on the "cool factor" often used by new and inexperienced divers.

Many times new divers get talked into or focused on how a piece of gear looks rather than how well it will function for them. Shops love this. This is how they are able to sucker people into paying through the nose for BC's with 20 d rings, big pockets that are pretty much useless, lots of unnecessary padding, integrated inflator/octo's, and other gimmicks. This is how they talk a new OW diver with more money than sense into buying $750-1000 regulators when a $250 one will do them just as well.

Take your time and really look at what you are doing. Evaluate your goals for 6 months from now, 1 year, 5 years. Realistically ask yourself what you need to accomplish those goals right now. And for God's sake don't get focused on one brand.

I dive the nomad EXP mainly because I dive a hard backplate for Rec and Tec, so i dont need the kit to be modular, and I dive open water sidemount, so I have no need for the super fabric shell. the XT is great because you can pull the transpac off it and use it for singles or doubles.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.784920,-64.759381

Last edited:
What kind of diving?

You'll most likely be happy with any type of BP/Wing setup, and the HOG harness is the best... barnone.

Your diving location just depends on aluminum or steel BP. But steel you can get away with anywhere if you have a wing to match.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom