Best dive operators mid- south keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scangadah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looks for a good recommendation for a dive operator , mid-south keys. Mid September. My wife and I live in Hawaii but have a event to go to in Key West mid Sept. Looking to dive a least three days. Don't mind driveing some to go with a better operator /dive site. We have our own gear etc

Any recomendations?

I would definitely recommend you do a double dip on the Vandenberg. If you're OW certified, you'll probably need a guide (check with the shops on that one). I like Scuba Diving Key West, Florida - Lost Reef Adventures, but my wife is an instructor there, so I'm more than a little biased. Are you staying on Key West?

I would definitely recommend you do a double dip on the Vandenberg. If you're OW certified, you'll probably need a guide (check with the shops on that one). I like Scuba Diving Key West, Florida - Lost Reef Adventures, but my wife is an instructor there, so I'm more than a little biased. Are you staying on Key West?

Yes we are staying in Key West , thanks for the recomendation.

I had a good experience with Lost Reef this year. In the past I had fun with South Point. Though, the first year, they had a mandatory guide and I was standing on the deck with 1800 psi and green on my computer. The second year they would not let me solo (I am certified) and so was buddied with a guy the crew vouched for as being experienced who then, after discussing in our predive that I did not like to go into the wreck, he went in and after my tugging on his fins twice, he kept going and I turned and went out. So then got fussed at for solo diving. I do not do wreck penetrations in open water rig, sorry. But, that was my buddies fault, not the ops, so I hold it not against them except for not recognizing my solo cert. But, that is a problem everywhere down there.

Joe's Tug:

IMG_6014_zpsah6dghvr.jpg

Vandenberg:

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom