Best crap 40 USD Go Pro clone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yi 4k+ is a good option - check out the youtube video comparisons ...

P

Rollei 415 is another option. In amazon.it it sells for 80 euros (with all accessories including 40m underwater case) but that's how much I bought it like 2 years ago. Now you should be able to get it cheaper elsewhere. No 2k/4k - only 1080p but decent quality for the money.
An advice: all these cases are very easy to get scratches in front of the lens - be careful - I did ruin mine. You can find the case only for 2-3 euros in e-bay. It won't probably be exactly for your camera's make/model but if the buttons match (number and position) then it will probably fit. You might want to stock a backup if you go to dive trips etc.

Is the waterproof case that it comes with actually waterproof or did you use a GoPro case?

The case that comes with it is waterproof. I had it down to 130' - no leakage or other problems.

@Kharon , can you fit the backscatter macro flip in lens on the cheap clone? I have been thinking I want the cheapest/best set up to get some tiny nudibranchs photos.

I don't know. The shape of the external lens part is rectangular. On the goPro it's square. So it would take some modification.

Thanks
Do I understand well that in the 69 USd version you get also the underwater housing the bag and all the accessories?

Actually the USA version is $55 and it comes with the UW housing, several mountings, battery, and cables. I bought an extra battery and a bunch of extra weird mountings. The one I found best for UW is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/EVERYDI-Hand...&sr=8-5&keywords=plastic+knuckles+mount+gopro

I can slip it on my fingers and still have use of that hand. I turn the camera on as soon as I'm in the water and then all I have to do it point and press one button and it starts taking video or pictures - which ever I have it set for.

So the a80 (and likely its successor) do come with the dive housing, 2 actually. And I've had it down to 36 meters with no leaks or issues.

Regarding filters, most GoPro housings are actually rectangular, by a few mm depending on which generation. The Apeman housings are square, like 40mm x 40mm. I've used electrical tape to fill the gaps on the side between the filter clamp and the Apeman housing.

Anyway it seems there clones... of the clones!
Fake Eken, fake Xiaomi, etc. etc.
So buying from ebay and alixpress this must be kept in mind, perhaps Amazon is safer

Back
Top Bottom