Best choice for Komodo liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sent 32 days diving with Grand Komodo liveaboards both in Komodo and Raja Ampat and highly recommend them. They pioneered the diving in Komodo. No they are not Aggressor class but comfortable boats, competent crews, and good food at a vary reasonable price. I am in no way associated with the operation just a satisfied customer.

Have you personally been on either? One big difference is that 7 Seas flies up to Komodo area and does more diving there VS the Pindito that boats from Bali and returns to Bali,thus fewer dives in Komodo area itself. Maybe this is just as interesting--I don't know. Any thoughts about this?

Both a good options in their own right. Personally I think the more dives in Komodo is the better option. The Seven seas will go out to Sangeang Island (volcanic -two very high peaks last very active in the 1988 when the all the locals were evacuated.) The area is commonly called black magic - with excellent black sand diving. Should also give the opportunity to spend more time down in Horse shoe bay area where the diving is a photographers heaven. - So I will probably choose Seven Seas between the two.

Hi
I would highly recommend the mermaid 1 and mermaid 2 liveaboard for the komodo and raja ampat areas. Both boats i have been on and very nice. Steel boat. The mermaid 1 is 10 day trip and mermaid 2 is 7 day trips. Depends on your budget and time. Both boats depart bali on the komodo trips so no flying within indonesia. Mermaid 1 has more time in the komodo park as it is a 10 day trip. Good crew and dive guides. They move the boat at night so no diving is affected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom