best/cheap way to get from manila airport to PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shirtz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi guys, flying into manila on the 17th of feb and keen to go to PG for some diving. I think I arrive at 5pm. is there any chance I can get there on the same day? perhaps just to anilao and on to PG the next day or maybe a hostel in manila for the night?

open to ideas noting im happy to rough it. I saw in another thread a bus from the airport to anilao was 4000php? seems a bit steep for under 3 hour trip.

thanks!

will make sure to post a trip report with some photos :)

The last ferry from Batangas to PG(Sabang) is around 16:30. Therefore you will have no chance to make it.
The best option is:
Overnight in Manila and then catch a bus from Buen Dia Terminal(eg. JAC or JAM) to Batangas Pier for around P170.00. First ferry[P230.00 + P30.00(terminal fee)] from Batangas to PG is around 07:00. You have to pay another P50.00 when you arrive at Sabang/Mulle(Environmental fee!!!!).
If you do not mind to pay a bit more: Spend a night at City State Tower Hotel in Mabini and then catch the Si-Kat daily transfer to Sabang in the morning for about P800.00(bus + ferry). You still have to pay that stupid P50.00.
And if you want to rough it out a bit:
Catch a white taxi outside the airport terminal and go to Buen Dia. Make sure the driver switch on the meter and the fare is about P200.00. The yellow airport taxi is more expensive. Catch the bus to BatangasPier(the bus might not run through the night). Get a trike or walk about 200m to RGR Traveler's Inn/Hotel for the night and then catch the ferry in the following morning. You pay a lot less for the room in Batangas then Manila.
Expensive way:
Some operators in PG/Sabang will arrange illegal crossing at night.

Last edited:
thak you so much! great info. think i have a free bed in manila so will do that. cheers!

Back
Top Bottom