Best budget destinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im going to Indo for a month or maybe more. This will be my second trip I was wondering if there are any great BUDGET diving destination other than Bali and Pula Weh ? I love Pula Weh and bali was good and cheap and I will be checking them out again just wondering if there are any other great destinations.

Cool. Any other places?

You can easily combine Bunaken and Lembeh if you are into muck. I recently did a trip to both with Twofish. Twofish has budget rooms and is a well run operation. I did 7 days diving in Bunaken and 8 days in Lembeh enjoyed both places. If you haven't done muck diving before do some research, I like muck a lot so I loved diving at Lembeh. I do feel that I got a good value of quality of diving in relation to cost.

I too have dived two fish and prob will again

That's all I know in indo except I've heard of a small place out near wakatobi (check the lonely planet thorn tree forum) . Lots of ground travel though. Have also heard you can do ok in Komodo but haven't been. You might want to consider the Philippines one of these days where many sites meet your requirement.

I third bunakan and lembeh. In bunakan dive with Living colors for a good dive shop and stay next door at Lorenzo II in the bungalows for budget. Evening snorkles on the reef are quite nice :)

IF YOU REALLY ANT TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL GO TO THE tOGEAN iSLANDS; THERE IS A GREAT PLACE CALLED FADHILA COTTAGES? togean dive resort NEAR KATUPAT HAVE FUN

blue rose divers in Ambon is good value(cheap) for world class diving
Also some budget diving in Alor(28 Euros per dive, accom 13 euros).
Generally in Indo the cost of a dive is similar $30-40.
It is the cost of the accom that can make a dive trip cheap or expensive.

P.Weh is prob the cheapest place in Indo to back pack & dive that i know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom