Best Booster for Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to keep the budget to $3,000 - $4,000. Drive gas will probably be my existing 80's and 100's. Not planning on filling on a boat so electricity is available. Not worried about getting every cu ft out of the supply tank. Portability would be nice but not a necessity.

Several refurbished Haskels available at American Airworks. AGD-32 is high on the list for your application as it is one of the most efficient drive air boosters to use. Can lift gas 4500 PSI with 150 PSI and an abundance of drive air but can also work from scuba drive air. No inter-stage stall issues with this model. Refurb units come with warranty, new LP drive air kit, new HP relief, 2.5" outlet gauge. Same overhaul kits used for a 1979 model boosters works with the 2020 models. Expect to get 2000 hrs or 1,000,000 strokes approximately when driving booster at 60 cycle per minute for inert or 50 CPM for O2. A Haskel booster kept the Thailand soccer team rescue effort going for the last 72 hrs. Haskel has been the choice booster for the Navy Dive Locker. Safe diving whichever pump you choose.

Great information from everyone. The USUN boosters seem like the best overall value without breaking the bank.
I like the Haskel's but the rebuild parts do seem excessive.

Anyone use the:

USUN brand Model:SB40-OL 150-300 Bar small 125 MM driven rebreather oxygen pressure booster pump

What company(s) in China have others dealt with successfully? Directly with USUN? Alibaba?

USUN does direct sales, just go straight through them.

If I go with an Usun other than size is there any downside to getting a bit larger unit? The smallest single action I think would be ok for 3 and 4L tanks.

Where can I buy hoses to connect USUN booster with tanks?

We've got a haskel AG-30 reserved for oxygen only, does a great job with the HP23s up to 80 stages. Nice thing with air drive is the ability to throttle the fill speed.

Where can I buy hoses to connect USUN booster with tanks?
What threads are on the inlet and outlet of the booster? You will probably need an adapter to convert a UNF oring sealed thread to NPT or JIC which will be on the hose ends.

These are teflon core with 1/4" NPT ends (for instance)
McMaster-Carr

We've got a haskel AG-30 reserved for oxygen only, does a great job with the HP23s up to 80 stages. Nice thing with air drive is the ability to throttle the fill speed.

if you do electric boosters properly, you can throttle the fill speed as well, unfortunately most do not....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom