"Best" Bonaire Reef Map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItMustBeJames

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all. Is there one really good reef map that folks turn to for Bonaire? Thanks!

Hi all. Is there one really good reef map that folks turn to for Bonaire? Thanks!

The road map from the car rental agencies lists the dive sites but is not an easy to use resource for diving. We rely on Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy by Susan Porter. It lists all the marked and unmarked sites, gives locations, and includes lots of information on entry, exit and what you might see at each site. Each site has a full page description and there are many helpful tips as well. It is available at Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy, BSDME, Author Susan Porter.

I'll have to second the recommendation to buy the book "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy". I bought it for our July trip this year and have really been enjoying reading and highlighting the dives we're most interested in doing.

The best one is the BSDME but just as a curiosity I mention:
Scuba Shore Diving Region: ABC Islands

It was kind of interesting to peek at prior to the first trip. Not so much for the little bit old reviews but it has a photo of each site/entry, and gave an idea what to expect/look for when you are driving around looking for the yellow stones.

...and gave an idea what to expect/look for when you are driving around looking for the yellow stones.

Do yellow stones designate dive sites?

Man I love SB... so much information!

We are probably heading down this fall for our first time and I've already learned so much about the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom