"Best" Bonaire Reef Map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Susan's book and this map works well. It has reef fish I.D. chart on the back. Not sure where I got it though. Sorry it is too big to upload. I will work on it and get back to you. It is called Franko's Bonaire Mini-Map and Reef Creatures Identification Guide.

Ok, this is what I recommend:

Definitely Susan's Book SDME, the TCB (Tourism Corporation of Bonaire) puts out a great map that you can get on island (it has Rolando from TCB on the front of it), also visit Skyviews Inc. Caribbean visitor guides and road maps they have great maps. If you want to actually see the dive sites, check out ShoreDiving.com - Your Shore Diving and Snorkeling Web Community! select the ABCs and then Bonaire.

Also, FYI...the yellow rocks DO designate dive site. However, unless otherwise posted (as is north of Karpata) and not crossing private property or diving piers, you can basically pull over on the side of the road ANYWHERE and dive. It is up to you...that is why we are know as the island of "diving freedom"!

Liz

Franko’s Bonaire Reef Creatures Identification Guide (Fish Card)

Here it is. It is laminated and goes very well with Susan's book.

However the dive site numbers do not match those in Susan's book. But that's okay, it only takes 2 minutes to right them in. The map will have sites on it that are not in Susan's book.........a plus. The price is right.

We used these two tools and found it a fantastic pair. It would have been nice to get the town road maps to go with them. I saw those in one of the posts in this thread, so you can pick them up.

Have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom