Best Big Animals Dive Sites In Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go to Koh Tao in the summer months you'll see lots of Whale Sharks. You'll also see potentially 10s or 100 of divers at the same time. Other than the Whale Sharks, the rest of the diving is distinctly average BUT if seeing big stuff is your goal, its likely your best option.

I spent one summer working on KT as an underwater videographer... never saw a whale shark the entire time.

Not a big sample size, but out of four dives at Richelieu Rock, I had whale sharks on three of them. The one dive at Hin Daeng that I got the week before last had a manta. Conversely, fifty-ish dives at Koh Tao, and the biggest things were a few turtles and some great barracudas.

We saw a whale shark at Koh Haa and two days later saw several Mantas at Hin Daeng & Hin Muang.
That was early March a few years back in 2014. Haven't been able to visit that time of year since, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom