Best batteries for my point & shoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duracell Procell are about the best Alkaline battery available, but for a much longer usage, try a Lithium AA battery. It will cost you more, but you will get much longer life out of them, usually between 5 to 7 times longer.

Go rechargeables. I have everything from 1800 - 2600s and all of them will last at least two 60+ minute dives using the internal flash. This includes having the lcd on all the time and using zoom. Pretty sure they are NiMH

I happily use my 2100+ for three or more dives as above...not tried it with the 1800s but you probably can't find them anyway.

I have Sanyos and Sonys - no difference but the Sonys are funky silver & orange :D lol

I spent about 2 hours reading a battery forum (?!!!) last week. The guy tested about 80 different kinds of aa rechargeables for everything from total power and initial power loss to rechargeability. People with nothing better to do sent him batteries to test from all over the world. The final winner was Sanyo commercial 2700s. I've been using Sanyo 2500's I got at Costco and they work nicely, but I ordered 4 more of the 2700s from
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/sanyo-2700-aa-rechargeable-batteries.htm

They also had some killer Accupower C6000 rechargeable C batteries for my wife's divelight. She accidentally left it on in the box for the whole ride home after our two days of diving this weekend, and it was still shining brightly when she took it out.

alcina:
Go rechargeables. I have everything from 1800 - 2600s and all of them will last at least two 60+ minute dives using the internal flash. This includes having the lcd on all the time and using zoom. Pretty sure they are NiMH

I happily use my 2100+ for three or more dives as above...not tried it with the 1800s but you probably can't find them anyway.

I have Sanyos and Sonys - no difference but the Sonys are funky silver & orange :D lol

What he said!

I use Energizer 2500's... Get at *least* 2 to 3 full dives, lcd on, messing with zoom, internal flash...

I travel with 6 of the 2500's, and a recharger the size of my pocket... no worries at all...

Big fan of the Energizer NiMH line of rechargeable batteries also.
I have 8 2500 NiMH batteries and 4 2200.....

I hear that 2700NiMH is available now, the higher capacity the better :).

Btw, I consider this link to be the authoritative resource on consumer rechargeable batteries :).
Larry I think this is what you were talking about.........

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

I also echo other posters' comments, rechargeable are much much better both from a cost viewpoint over the long run and also simply in terms of useability :D.

One thing I've noticed is that some of the rechargeable batteries
are slightly larger in diameter than a "standard" AA battery.
The extra size gives them a bit more battery life, but I do
have some devices that they don't fit in. Most noteably
my wifes point and shoot camera.
Just a word of caution. Be careful before you buy that 24 pack
of rechargeable batteries.

--- bill

bperrybap:
One thing I've noticed is that some of the rechargeable batteries
are slightly larger in diameter than a "standard" AA battery.
The extra size gives them a bit more battery life, but I do
have some devices that they don't fit in. Most noteably
my wifes point and shoot camera.
Just a word of caution. Be careful before you buy that 24 pack
of rechargeable batteries.

--- bill
Really Bperrybap?
Are you sure of this?

I'm just curious because I always thought that if a battery is marked AA it's the same size, regardless of whether it's an Alkaline or Rechargeable :confused:?

Back
Top Bottom