Best Barefoot Fins for Frog Kicking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When it comes to full foot fins designed to be worn without boots, I prefer freediving fins. You can't be their performance when using the flutter kick. They frog kick fine. You can even do the backward frog kick with them. I use Picasso America Black Team fins.

My favorite is the Mares Sea King.

It's stiffer than most similar looking full foot fins. I've pushed 5 cylinders with them many times and they aren't shockingly underpowered (considering they are smaller than many), high sidewalls for reverse.

I've had my eye on some of the former Soviet fin designs, they look good.

Dove upwards of 40 different fins over the years and these make it in my top 3 for frogkick.

I too loved my Mares Sea King fins, which I purchased in Italy and wore in the Mediterranean. Since then Mares appears to have sent the fin moulds to Turkey, where they are used by Adalılar Kauçuk of Istanbul to manufacture "Süper Jet" fins. They are available from online retailers in Turkey:
5e674368-1a0d-4dc1-9dfc-f111b9df98cb_1080x1080.jpe

c69ec55b-3fb9-4b26-9122-22df9488ddad_1080x1080.jpe

e59a8afb-86b3-4ce2-8fa8-7d83c620ef95_1080x1080.jpe

As for Soviet fins, the most prized are probably Akvanavt (Aquanaut) fins, which are made by Kievguma in the Ukrainian capital:
84190-jpg-395413-jpg.401827.jpg

Back
Top Bottom