Best and cheap Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know you're joking, but one tip my Nitrox instructor gave me for using a one-button computer is to always leave it on the Nitrox setting but set it to 21% when diving air to have one less menu to navigate when switching.

I know you're joking, but one tip my Nitrox instructor gave me for using a one-button computer is to always leave it on the Nitrox setting but set it to 21% when diving air to have one less menu to navigate when switching.

So the interesting (and totally OT of course) question there is will setting a particular computer to 21% actually count as air, or as 22% nitrox?

@dmaziuk good question. I should also check and see if it gives me a different MOD when I do that.

Air is "Nitrox", it is 21% oxygen....

Nitrox refers to a mixture of Oxygen and Nitrogen as the primary components (trace other elements).

YMMV

Who are you telling this to?

agree, but it is silly (and a poor software code) that has to treat Nitrox as something different from "air"....

Let the folks that find this engage their brains....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom