best accessories for whites fusion tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's another SiTech dry glove system, the oval ring "Antares" system I got with my Fusion Tech. They use a "press in, twist off" attachment method. I have yet to dive them, so I have no comments about their function yet. They came free (along with the SLT replaceable seals) as part of a December promo from Whites.

I had a bit of a struggle getting the gloves initially set up (tore a glove, busted a ring) until I got the hang of it. Fortunately, replacement gloves and inner rings for this system are cheap. (Around $5)

I am storing the suit on a wide hanger to "pre bend" the SLT neck seal ring. The seal ring was definitely super stiff out of the box. After a week or so, it seems to be assuming a more "natural" shape.

Ok, I just got back from my first OW dive with my Fusion Tech and Antares dry gloves. I have to say, I'm very happy with the whole setup, but I'm happiest about the gloves. I have never used dry gloves before, and it's just incredible to come out of a chilly ocean with warm, dry hands.

That said, it seems to me that the Antares system is a "consumer grade" dry glove setup. Meaning that it's more fragile and finicky than an "industrial strength" system like, say, UTD. But if you take care of the gloves, make sure the "tabs" on the glove rings don't get bent, and fer chrissakes keep your drysuit cuffs and the glove rings out of the sand and dirt, I think it will prove to be a pretty decent system.

The tabs on the glove rings snap in, and prevent the seal from popping open up during the dive. So if you break one off, I'd expect it would be easy for your hand motion to work the seal open on the broken side.

I am the sort of diver who is pretty obsessive about cleaning and maintaining my gear in perfect condition. If you're not, this might not be the glove system for you. Come to think of it, a drysuit is probably not for you either. :wink:

The number one advice that helped me is to take your time donning the gloves. Put 'em on last, after everything else is sorted, and do it slowly, carefully and deliberately. Make sure the tabs aren't bent, and push them in firmly until they're locked.

Also, probably the super heavy duty gloves I'm using helped ensure no problems related to the glove itself:

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/cat...loves-drisdivegear-660pvcdryglove-p-3930.html

Last edited:
As far as undergarments I'm fine with my Thermal Fusion in 45-55 degree waters as an undergarment. If it gets colder I have a Kenyon Polartech Powerstetch set of thermals that are similar to the 4th Element Xerotherms. I can wear them pretty comfortably under the Thermal Fusion, but normally I'll wear either a thin Under-Armor baselayer or just a pair of Speedo Jammers. If the water is warmer than 60 I'll just wear my old MK2 as I tend to cook in the Thermal Fusion.
For socks I wear the 3mm Whites neoprene socks with a pair of REI hiking socks over them, my feet have never been cold.
As far as glove systems I typically use my 5mm Pinnacles above 50 degrees and a simple pair of DRIS drygloves with seal when it's colder. I'll probably eventually put on a pair of the Si Tech rings, just haven't yet.

Last edited:
As far as undergarments I'm fine with my Fusion Tech in 45-55 degree waters as an undergarment.

Do you mean MK2 or Thermal Fusion undergarments? "Tech" refers to the outer skin on the drysuit itself, not any of White's undergarments.

Thermal Fusion. Brain fart while typing

Thanks for the replies I'm ocd with my stuff esp my dive gear cost to much money not to baby it I think I'll go with the thermal fusion under garment package and either the Antares or glove lock would like some more reviews to make up my mind for sure

Wish I was diving today but took the little brother in law squirrel hunting so if it ain't under the water its still a good day in the woods

Back
Top Bottom