Bermuda in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firedawgs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am taking the cruise from Boston to Bermuda the first week in August. I am looking for recent visitors that can give me ideas on best dives, best pubs, best sites?

Also does anyone know what the weight calculations is for Bermuda?

Thanks,
Your local Newbie

One more question. I am PADI certified and my wife is just finishing her SSI certification. That won't be a problem will it?

I returned from Bermuda a few weeks ago.
I enjoy these dive sites: (south side) : the wreck of the Hermes, the "Southwest Breakers", and Hangover Hole.

Other good dives -on the west (?) side- the wreck of the Constellation, the L'herminnie(sp??)-

Good pubs-the Hogg Penny , in Hamilton, and Henry 8ths in Southampton. There are, as with the dive sites many more for your enjoyment. (i'm nore of a diver than a "Pubber" (?) :)

Sites: (land) Dockyard, St. George. Hamilton, for shopping.

AFAIK "Padi and SSI" should not be a problem- as long as you both have your c-cards with you.

Weight calculations- the claim is that the salinity of the sea near Bermuda is highrer than average, so many people use a few more pounds of lead than ay other locations.

I'd also suggest arranging your diving in advance- it could be a hassle to do after you arrive.
Unless the cruise ship has made arrangements for you, be aware that getting to the shop may not be as simple as in other locations-no rental cars, cabs are a bit costly, and buses run on their schedule-not yours.
You might want to book with a shop that is near where the boat is docked. Perhaps the cruise people have an arrangement with one of the shops.

If you are in need of a recommendation, I have had great success and fun diving with Dive Bermuda. Their shop is located at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel's beach.
Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom