Bermuda Chub attacks 6' Herring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, buddy swampers....just got back from Cozumel a few days ago. Cruising along on a dive, taking pictures, a bunch of chubs started dashing through our bubbles eating them. I snapped a few of this and was moving on with my wife when a pretty big one decided he wanted to eat my left middle finger. Nothing serious but I still have teeth marks. Another first for me. I love this scuba diving!! Always learning...

Regards,

Are we gonna have to change your name to Everybody's Bait? You do attract them!

Cudabait, if it's provides any solace I took out two of his cousins on Sat. with my SG. Gave em' to one of the contract employee's who cooked them up for dinner.

Rich

Any identifying marks on the chub (besides human flesh hanging from between the teeth)?

I'll look for 'im in a couple of weeks and extract revenge.

Must be my last name or something...

He bit the finger 2x's then swam right up beside me and gave the "fish eye" as if saying "what do you think about that, A$$ ho!e? Hit it with my strobe to run it off. Pesky 'ol fish. Didn't tear flesh, just left a heck of a bite mark. (still visible)

Regards,

Did that hurt at all? I have been bitten by fish but they were on my turf and I was usually pulling a hook out of them. These posts lead me to believe that you have been fish bit before. It was not a 'cuda was it?

Toecutter:
Did that hurt at all? I have been bitten by fish but they were on my turf and I was usually pulling a hook out of them. These posts lead me to believe that you have been fish bit before. It was not a 'cuda was it?

Yes I believe it was. Cudabait told me the story. Very scary :icon10:

Toecutter:

Yeah, it was about a 4' "cuda. Pretty severe ordeal. On a scale of 1 to 10. "cuda being 10, this was a three. This deal was not scary, just surprised the heck out of me. Oh, and yes it did hurt.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom