Bermuda 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDAfreediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Bermuda is another world: Facts to know

Bermuda is not down in the Carribean but further north near the Gulf Stream in the northwest Atlantic, is at 32 degrees 18 minutes North latitude and 64 degrees 46 minutes west longitude.
Bermuda has about 120 islands
Bermuda has aout 50 inches of rainfall per yer
Bermuda has no fresh water streams, lake or ponds and rely on rainfall for fresh water.
The whole of Bermuda is tiny - with a land area of only 21 square miles or 56 square kilometers.
Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory
Bermuda has its own cash but also accepts American as well.
Bermuda has Hamilton as its main City which is located in Pembroke Not Hamilton Parish.
The nearest land - Cape Hatteras, NC, USA, 570 miles (946 km) to the west.
New York, NY - 774 miles (1284 km) to the northwest
Bermuda is a sub-Tropical Island
Warmest average Air Temps from June till September honet being July to Early August (80F and +)
Bermuda is very humid in the summer months making 80F feel like 90F
Bermuda's average water temp in the summer tends to be 80F to even 82 in the winter on the other hand it drops to an average of 63 but the clarity increases.
Bermuda has a regular Bus Service and Ferry Service
Bermuda also has Taxi's and Private Bus services as well
In Bermuda you can't rent a car but you can rent a moped.
There is a limit to one car per house hold on the island to help to reduce traffic
You can also rent a small Motorboat for the day to discover the island
There are various Snorkeling, Sailing,helmet diving,parasailing and jet skii tours duing the summer months
Divers:
Bermuda's waters are very salty
Bermuda has 230 square miles of offshore reefs, 10 times the physical land area
Bermuda has many amazing wrecks, there are about 30 popular wreck dive sites but there are many more smaller and even undiscovered wrecks around the island.
Bermuda has beautiful reefs located very close to shore making shore diving fun and exciting.
Bermuda has Several fully qualified dive locations that have boats to take you to great reef and wreck dive

Bermuda is an amazing place and I hope to see you visiting us here on the island.
If you have any more specific questions please message me directly and I will do my best to get you the most up to date and accurate information. Feel free to also post on the forum but lets hope in 2010 you visit our little paradise!

The best option for cheap accodmodations is Guest Apartments

This is a link to some of the current Guest Apartments on island:
Bermuda's Apartments, Cottages and Villas for Visitors

These tend to be ALOT cheaper than the hotels but let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions :)
In the off season some hotels offer some crazy discounts but that depends when you are thinking of coming down.

I love this island.
Been there 6 times, and plan on going back in October. Some great diving, and plenty to do topside

Bermuda has a triangle named after it

Moped accidents are fairly common in Bermuda and usually the moped driver doesn't do so well if the other driver is behind the wheel of a car

Bermuda is incredibly expensive, you can expect to pay the better part of $30 for breakfast at a local diner

Bermuda has a triangle named after it

Moped accidents are fairly common in Bermuda and usually the moped driver doesn't do so well if the other driver is behind the wheel of a car

Bermuda is incredibly expensive, you can expect to pay the better part of $30 for breakfast at a local diner

Its good to know we can always count on you to have something to add.

Moped accidents tend to be more common due to the fact we have more mopeds than cars but many drivers are very aware of tourists on mopeds as they have a different color plate to other drivers so they give them space. If you are to rent a moped be aware in Bermuda that we do drive on the left, as well as the roads are very narrow narrow in places. It is best to have some experience of riding a motorbike if you are going to go ahead and rent a moped the public transportation is a very reliable way of getting around otherwise.

Bermuda is expensive but there are some places off the main road if you are willing to look which are friendly and have great prices. Another great option is to actually rent a guest apartment and buy or bring some food to cook yourself this is a great way to avoid the high priced resturants and hotels.

Ignore his statment. He never has anything positive to say.
Although I have never ridden a moped there, I have walked along plenty of streets, and found them no more dangerous than Philadelphia.
As for how expensive it is. We found plenty of bars, and resturaunts that were reasonably priced.
The only negative thing I can say about Bermuda, is that I'm not there now

I've ridden scooters there often, as have my teemagers. No problems. Just don't try to ride beyond your skill level (kinda like diving). And the local drivers do their best to be kind to tourists.

Sure, it's expensive, but so are most tourist destinations. And if you stay in a costly resort, it (wait for it) costs a lot. We always stay at a rental apartment, stock up at a grocery store, and eat out at lunch, not dinner (cheaper). We do ok there, and have lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom