Bennet Springs Sat. Dec.8th anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgray

Reaction score
We have reservations Bennet Springs this Saturday to dive. Unfortunttely there is just two of us and we have not been able to get anyone else to join us. Per park rules, at least one person must remain on the shore at all times. We would like to have another two people to join us and we would take turns diving the spring. If your interested, please send me a meesage with you contact info. Thanks, Brandon.

PM sent, I think a friend and I were planning on it, plus he had some other friends in mind. How many spots did you take?

Cool for you as this is one of my favorite places. Fished there so much as kid but as a youth I never considered diving there.

Stay warm.

Vanessar

It's a cavern, but it is benign and suitable for most any diver with a good light. If you want to see what it's like there check out my page on diving photo's.

Diving Photos

Temps are always around 50 degrees.

I was hoping to go but I have not heard back from him and he's the only person right now for this weekend that could put me on the list. According to his profile he's a fireman so he's probably busy right now and can't play on scubaboard.

For those who don't know how it works this is the deal...

Bennett Springs allow 6 divers a day to go there, you get on a list at the park and check in when you get there. You must bring your cards so they can copy them, AOW is the minimum cert required to dive and they require the usual gear for caverns. You've got to have at least 2 divers and a surface support person when you attend per the park rules, however 4 divers max can enter the cavern. If you reserve all the spots for your team then you control who goes there, the park won't interfere with it. The dive season is from November to February as well as I can recall.

You should go, it's the absolute BEST free diving site in the state. I'd even put it up against most pay sites, no comparison to quarries and lakes in terms of vis. The current is fun to play with too.

hey, i recognize your buddy from the bennet springs pics, its joe right? he was assisting my girlfriend and I get our advanced this summer at beaver. great guy.

It had never dawned on me to consider diving at bennet springs. With some warm gear it sounds like a great weekend dive during the winter.

Yeah, Joe's a good guy to have around. It really doesn't take a lot to dive there, a good 7mm might let you get in 1 dive without problems, 2 might take a bit more hot water.

The thing about diving locally is that eventually all of us regular divers who dive year round get to know each other, it's like an extended family. If Joe says diver X is good then I trust what he says because I trust him. That's what the extended family relationship does. At one time or another we either have dove together or dove with the others buddies.

It's really kind of neat how that grows. I know I met Brandon at Project Aware when he and my buddy Charlie were talking. I've run across Joe many times at various events down south at the lakes, and of course he's always got somebody around. The problem is I know so many divers by first name and not last name, it's sometimes tough to place them. Or like here, I didn't place bgray as a person I knew even though I'd met him before.

Diving locally is a great way to make friends and meet new people, and sometimes you find spots you hadn't thought about like Bennett Springs. Joe and another buddy of mine Kevin got me into diving there, now I wonder why they didn't tell me sooner...

The way I look at it is a stranger is a friend I haven't met yet.

At any rate right now I'm a bit worried about making the dive tomorrow, it's sleeting right now and is supposed to get worse over night. I am planning on waking up and giving it a shot and seeing what happens, it really is a great place to dive and IMO it's the best place in the state. My dive gear is packed and ready to toss in the back of my JGC, I keep it inside to prevent issues with being frozen. So I'm ready to go if the roads are safe to travel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom