Belt pouches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone suggest pouches or pockets to mount on my BPW waist belt to carry misc items? I have a few small things like a safety sausage, lift bag, wire cutting pliers, etc. that I want kept neatly out of sight but handily accessible. I tried using military pouches but they are sort of "one off" (close but not quite), plus they haven't been holding up well.

I'd forgotten about Tech Shorts as an option since both my wetsuits and drysuit have pockets.

To be fair every suit these days really should come with a pocket or two of some kind.

I thought so too till I got a Water Proof 5mm suit that had pockets.
I wish the suit didn't come with permanent pockets as they're too small compared to my other tec shorts.

I can't wear my tec shorts over the 5mm with permanent pockets. So things get tight.

If you look closely you can see the XS weight pouch installed on the right side shoulder loop of each rig:

I stick the spool in there and then push the pocket down to the plate. The smb and double ender sort of hang out but I never notice. Then to deploy I just reach back and grab the sausage and pull.

For solo dives when I might want a spare mask and all of that stuff I never need I have some Scubapro shorts with pockets:

Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately :wink: I am only 30 inches around so there is no room on my waist strap for pockets but for these which I use for integrated weights shoved bak against the plate and locked in position:

Or these less expensive but equally functional XS Scuba QR pockets:

In Jupiter (and other places) they want the diver to have a large smb, so I do this in such case:

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom