Belt pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wijbrandus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of us who do not have permanent pockets attached to our exposure protection:

What kind of pockets do you use on your BP/W rigs? I was going to pick one up off of the Internet, but a buddy of mine said to be careful since they don't all fit a backplate's webbing. I use a Halcyon Eclipse.

I was looking for something to use where my can light would be if I had one (for the long hose), and to carry all the little things that I need a pocket for. It has to be able to keep my defog from floating away, too. I hate that. :eyebrow:

And how do you keep it on the right hand waist belt? Is there some way of rigging it as a semi-permanent attachment?

Thanks!

Dive rite makes a similar thigh pocket. I didn't care for it. It would move around the harness and when you are at depth the thigh attachment part would roatate around my leg.

You can route the long hose under your knife on your harness, or just tuck the excess in your waistband when you are not using a canister light.

If you are wanting a pocket you can attach one (sewing or glueing) to your exposure suit.

Do you really keep your defog on you while you are diving?

I'll agree with Wendy that the best pocket is on your suit, and a pocket on your waist won't keep a long hose in place very well.
But, if you want something on your waist belt, go anywhere that has sporting goods and find a nice Cordura case/pouch the size you want with a 2" belt loop. Hold it in place the same we do with can lights, with a plastic or SS buckle.

MD

Thanks for the tips.

I don't own my own exposure protection at this time. I'm not (yet) drysuit certified, and I will be diving in all climates from Caribbean to cold mountain lakes. Right now, it's more practical to rent, hence the portable pocket syndrome.

The defog thing was a joke. When I did my AOW, we scavenged all the bottles that the rookies left floating on the top of the spring. I've got four or five now. Hmm, maybe I need a pocket just for my defog collection...

Mostly I was looking at something very similar to the Oxycheq one by DiveRite, but I don't know if the hose would route underneath. I don't dive the long hose yet. That's coming.

Thanks for the advice. Seems I may just check out the local sporting goods and see if I can find something there that appears to work rather than spend more on something with a brand name on it.

Back
Top Bottom